View as slideshowView as galleryClick on any image to view in slideshowClick on enlarged image to open full-size «‹›» Josiah Smith Tavern, built 1757, enlarged c. 1804. Josiah Smith Tavern barn. In the late 19th century, Theodore Jones ran a carriage painting business there. Earliest known photo of the Josiah Smith Tavern. Cutting House, moved to 36 Church Street in 1899 to make way for Weston Public Library. Early photo of G. W. Cutting & Sons general store and post office (at left) G. W. Cutting & Sons general store, c. 1913. As part of the Town Improvement Plan, the store was moved in November 1917 to a site just west of St. Julia Church. It closed in 1939. Town Square before 1875. Cutting's store, Town Hall, and First Parish Church (1840 building on same site as present church) 1840 First Parish Church after 1875, when the clock was installed in the steeple. Looking north from location of present by-pass, showing Josiah Smith Tavern and barn (at left), Cutting House and barn (center), and 1840 First Parish Church (at right) Looking south toward the "Town Square," showing the 1840 First Parish Church (at left), horse shed (center) and rear of 1847 Town Hall (right) before creation of the Town Common. View of G. W. Cutting & Sons general store (at left) and the 1847 Town Hall (at right). Note flagpole and watering trough. 1847 Weston Town Hall; also original location of library Early photograph of First Parish Church, built 1888. First Parish Church. Note watering trough in front, c. 1914. Early photo of Weston Public Library, completed in 1900. Weston Public Library reading room, c. 1900. The 1912 Town Improvement Plan created the Town Common out of swamp land. This is "before" And this is "after" creation of the Town Common Map of "Town Square" before implementation of the 1912 Town Improvement Plan. c. 1912 real photo postcard showing the "Town Square" before the demolition of the 1847 Town Hall in 1919. Note horses lined up to drink from the watering trough. Weston Fire Station (1914). The new brick Georgian-style building was part of the Town Improvement Plan Looking from the Town Square toward commercial district, c. 1912. At the right is a small building, originally Lamson's tailor shop.